Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What's been going on?

So, I’ve been absent from my blogging duties for the past couple months. Sitting here now it doesn’t feel that I’ve been all that busy at all. But as I take it all in I guess I have. So I’ll sit here on my deck, in shorts two days before Christmas, drink my glass of bourbon and tell you about what I’ve been up to.

When I last left you I had just bought a house. It’s a great house. Built in 1956, lived in and loved by the family who owned it before me for over 40 years. It’s in a quiet neighborhood right in the middle of the city. It’s slowly going from the house I bought to my ‘Home’. I have a fantastic patch of green grass that matches my green fence, a yellow kitchen and a bright red bedspread and 4 birdhouses.

Also since the last update the company that I’ve worked for the past 8+ years was sold. Talk about a shit your pants moment. I’ve just moved into my new house and the owner of the company comes in my office closes the door and tells me that he’s selling the company... FUCK!

That’s about all that went through my head…. FUCK

Although as things went forward with the sale the owner did tell that I took the news better than anyone else had and was the only one that DIDN’T ask what about ME. Maybe I’m just too stupid to know better.

As far as company takeovers go this one was as low impact as possible when it come to the big picture, since the company I worked for distributed the products of the company that took us over. Before we were very closely aligned with the bigger company, now we’re just owned by them. Other than working a lot of long hours to get the systems integration all square a way and up and running perfectly it hasn’t been too bad, yet.

What else…. My sister is due to have her son any day now. Name still not decided. I’ll have to keep you posted on that one.

I’m off to take some pictures… some thing I haven’t been able to do very much lately… Merry Christmas everyone

No comments: