Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tweets, Twitters and Top 5 Lists

It’s been kind of quiet around the BigLukeIsAwesome offices lately. Getting caught up in the long days of summer makes it tough to sit and blast out a blog post sometimes… and the heat… the oppressive, soul sucking, god damned heat.

More then anything else it’s Twitter. It’s so easy just to fire off a thought or comment that might have become an entire blog post and be satisfied with saying your piece in 140 characters or less.

I like twitter, don’t get me wrong. I enjoy the kind of wordsmithing it takes to convey a complete thought on Twitter. It can be very tricky. But I find it tough even boring to go back and blog about a topic I might have twittered about… I don’t want to be redundant.

The interaction on twitter is just faster… I can see comments right away and that’s the coolest part of all… Because it’s nice to know people are reading your stuff.

Maybe I just need more Ideas for Top 5 Lists, feel free to send’em I’ll do ‘em. If it’s some thing I don’t know about, I’ll just make it up as I go.

No comments: